re: 156 GTA road test report

At Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:26:33 -0800 "Karl Chen" wrote:

>A few days ago I just read 156 GTA report on ( Cars ? )
>magazine I think.
>The journalist complained about the brake.
>He said somehow the red paint on calipers doesn't
>seem to help.

I didn't read the test, but surely red paint won't help there.
Colors are very related to heat dispersion.  The best color
for that purpose is definitely the BLACK.

I remember years ago Honda motorcycles made that XL600 Paris Dakar
enduro bike with a completely red painted engine, and some troubles
have been reported.  Painting calipers in red will surely look
GREAT, but the heat will not be wasted away the right way.

I hope some engineer out there can explain this thing better.

nodoubt,
Soon firing up 937 landpilot
"I like anything that don't talk." King Benny - Sleepers
937RS2, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://www.geocities.com/twowheels_99