Alfetta rear brakes lock up

Zach, I'm guessing it's a matter of slightly backing off the four
adjustments 'screws' slightly. First, though, I'd back off the emergency
brake adjuster.

Believe I mentioned that when adjusting the pads on the Alfetta's
transaxle whilst off the car, I was surprised that using my usual
adjustment method of tightening snugly, the discs actually torqued over
a bit, then backing off just enough so they didn't rub. So I simply
backed them all off a 'bit' more. I do have slightly more free pedal,
but braking seems more stable now. Could be partly due to four new
tires, but believe that is only a part of it.

I seldom use my emergency brake since I'm convinced that repeated
yanking on it is what 'pops' the virtually impossible to replace seal on
the inside adjusters. True I live in flat-land country. I currently have
the emergency brake adjusted so that it has to be pulled up fairly far
before locking.

The only other possibility (as I recall your car was sitting for
sometime) is there is 'yuck' in the brake bias regulator. I've never
removed / dismantled one from an Alfetta, but have done so on earlier
Alfas, and this can make a positive difference.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA