Motronic pistons

  In AD#603 Biba stated "There is no need to remove pistons from liners if
not changing rings."

  I have used several set of these pistons (any alfa P&L's for that matter)
and have found that MORE THAN LIKELY the rings will be lined up, they will
be dirty (in the ring lands), and the weight will be off.  The last set of
Motronics I used were something like 500.7 (grams)500.5, 501.5, 505.9.  That
last one was a big jump!

  It is really not a good idea to assume things are ready to use.  Same
thing for oil pumps.  The pumps should be disassembled, checked, deburred &
assembled properly. They should spin nice and smooth with no tight spots.  I
have found 'machining debris' in more than one new oil pump.

CJ