Re: Fitting a Twin Spark engine - type 06624 into a 105 car

I found a source for new (from the factory with 0 miles) 2.0 twin-spark
engines with Bosch fuel injection in Italy. These are the engines used in the
Alfa 75 (Milano) from 1987 to 1989. I'm thinking of installing one in my 1974
GTV as I need a replacement engine or a rebuild of my own engine. Allegedly
the block of the engine is the same as the previous generations and will fit
my GTV with little or no modifications for mounting.

Although the Italians claim that this engine produces 148 hp I don't know how
this relates to a 105 engine made for the USA with Spica fuel injection. The
top speed of the Milano in 1987 with the twin-spark engine and similar
gearing to my GTV was 205 KM/hr = to 129 mph. The Milano with  the 2.0 engine
weighed about 400 lbs more than the '74 GTV. Seems that this engine would
give me a lot of oomph with no sacrifice in reliability as it is new from the
factory.

Does anyone have any experience with what I'm describing?

Marc Mosko
Hollywood, FL
'65 Giulia Spider
'74 GTV