145QV Shock Absorbers

Hi all,

I owned an Alfa 145 QV since new for almost three years and I've managed to
travel 49,000 miles without mishap. I recently had my car serviced, and I
reported a problem around the front suspension (knocking sound over bumps,
ie: shock absorbers). Anyway, all the shock absorbers need replacing (the
front-right is leaking, and the rears are starting to). Would this surprise
anyone? I've had the car assessed by the warranty/insurance guy today at the
dealership, and they've said that it's normal wear and tear. Do I still have
a case on the warranty (it has the standard UK 3 year package).

Any comments/suggestions? I'm considering going to a high-street name to get
the shocks done (Main dealer has quoted me 800 pounds). What shock make
should I go for?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard Borrett
Hitchin, UK.