Filling the transmission

Ted

Get about 4 feet of that clear 1/4 inch plastic tubing. Take the top off of
the gear oil bottle, the one with the nipple shaped pouring spout and cut it
at a point where the diameter is just under what the outside diameter of the
tubing is then feed the tubing in from the back side and pull it through
until there's about  1/4 inch of it still protruding inside. Next, drop the
other end of the tubing down the back left side of the engine, crawl
underneath and poke it into the filler hole (after removing the plug of
course). Back up topside - screw the bottle onto the cap, invert it and let
it sit there between the engine and firewall. Finally, you need to cut or
poke a whole in the bottom so the goo can flow. I just cut the whole bottom
off and use it like a funnel so I can pour what I need from the second
bottle right in. Put a drip pan under the tranny and when you start to drip
out of the filler hole your topped off.

Just be aware that watching that bottle drain is kind of like watching trees
grow so you might just want to go have a cold one or mow the lawn. This
process requires no supervision or action on your part during that phase.

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa - http://home.pcmagic.net/pi