Spider Electonics- advice offered and sought

I'm having lots of problems with low voltage on my 1987 Spider,
especially while running the A/C. I just went over the electrical system,
and a big part of the problem was due to a stripped bolt on the
alternator mount- it was constantly causing the belt to go slack
seriously diminishing alternator output. Now that that's taken care of,
the voltage is still reading a little too low for comfort with
"everything" running- i.e. A/C, stereo, wipers, headlamps... so.... I'm
thinking about a high output altenator. I see Vick's advertises
alternators in 3 flavors- 65, 85, and 115 amps. My factory service manual
says the original was 55 amps.
Does anyone have experience with the higher output units? Do they fit, or
are modifications and/or special brackets needed? What about issues with
the rest of the electricals in the car?
I figure I'll replace the voltage regulator at the same time- any issues
I should watch for here?
Much thanks as usual- you guys are the best!

-Ray Manners
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
1983 Pininfarina (Fiat) Spider 2000