RE: GTV6 throttle body switch question

On the AD today Kurt Incledon wrote:

Subject: GTV L-jet System/Fuel Pump shut-off

Group and especially Curtis,
I think all of you in this discussion should carefully examine the operation
of the throttle switch mounted on the Plenum Throttle Body in the schematic
diagram of the late model GTV-6 and Milano manuals, (note I say late model
GTV-6 as I am not familiar with the inertia switch operation) you will find
that at idle with the throttle body closed this switch will shut off the
fuel pump.
Replies and comments welcome.
Kurt
AROSC

I think you have that wrong!  If the fuel pump shuts off during idle the
motor will die.  The closed throttle switch on the throttle body is to cut
off the injectors during "coast-down" i.e. whilst the motor is slowing down
to idle.  The ECU senses the throttle body idle contacts and when the
conditions are correct - motor speed falling, AFM flap shut etc - the
injectors are shut off and the ignition retarded to below idle value.  When
the motor approaches idle speed the injectors are turned back on and the
advance is increased to idle value, this is to prevent a surge as the motor
attains idle speed.

John

Durban
South Africa