Re: GTV6 L-jet mods

Hi All,

Some of my friend's AR 145 1.7 16V are putting out 128 bhp at the
wheels on a dynojet, exhaust work and air filter mods only, stock
engine.

Read ONE POINT SEVEN. 1.7, not 2.5, not even 2.0.

How many wheel bhp are your GTV6s putting out again? :-). So before
spending money on L-JET "MODS" try some of the basics like bigger
exhaust, headers and air filters. Upgrade the computer last. And what I
mean by upgrades is junking the old L-Jet. IMHO upgrading the computer
first would be better, but I know, it's really hard to resist the
bigger exhaust, headers mods first. Heck I'm guilty of doing the same
8-)).

4-5 years ago I was also asking the same questions on the digest like
" has anyone done the L-Jet modified ECU ?".. Money spent, power
gains...hmmmm welll...actually maybe if I put Spica for my 3.0 Milano
it would put out more power than an L-Jet....

Save your money for cams, headers and exhaust. WHen the funds are
available later on, get a good efi system. They will truly benefit all
the other upgrades you have done.

Why am I saying all this? Because I've been through it and I think I
should have been wiser. Or at least at that time aftermarket EFI was
very very expensive. Now a near plug and play system costs about $1500.

Once I finish my Autronic project, in about 1 month, I'll update y'all.

Zamani
p/s there is an Alfa Sports Racer in Belgium that uses SDS EFi (3.0
12V, stock internals, but ultra modified exhaust) about 250 bhp.
http://sports.yahoo.com/