RE: GTV6 L-jet question

Curtiss,

The fuel pump problem is most likely caused by not having the ground wires
connected to the rear of the right side valve cover. There is no wire on the
spade terminal, there was a wire but it was removed by a recall. It had been
for a cold engine temperature ignition retard.

John Katos
West Dundee, IL USA

Hello all I have finnaly got the replacement engine in my 83 GTV6, (87
milano
moter) and have fired it up (it's very loud without an exhaust) anyway I
noticed as soon as I turn on the key the fuel pump runs and I can hear fuel
flowing through the fuel lines and rail however it never shuts off.
shouldn't
it shut off once the pressure has been reached?  I can't find any leaks, the
air flap on the airflow meter is not binding nor stuck open and the relays
do
click when pluged in.
Please help.  Also on the thermostat housing there are three electrical
connections Two Bosch type and one spade connecter I cannot find any wire
that
goes to this spade connector (the middle one) I think it's the coolant temp
sensor but the schematics I have are from a milano and are pretty much
unreadable anyway (scanned) If I need to create this wire where does it go?

Thanks everyone, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I work out the kinks.

Curtiss Norhiem
91 164L Black A/T
91 164L White 5sp
83 GTV6