Spider window clasp repair suggestions

Hello all,

One of the window clasps has fallen off the driver's
side window of my Spider. I have the clasp. I want to
put it back on the window. I asked about this months
ago and people suggested re-bonding it with a
windshield rear-view mirror repair kit. I finally got
one and tried it today following all directions
exactly, but the glue does not even begin to bond. I
suspect I got the wrong kind of kit (intended for
bonding something plastic, no doubt).  Can anyone give
me a specific maker and kit name that they know will
bond the metal clasp to the glass window? The one I
got was from NAPA. It says nothing about working only
on plastic.

Also, just noticed that the rear red lights that come
on with the headlights and the instrument panel lights
don't work. They will come on if I jiggle the light
shaft, however. Is this a comon problem with a stock
solution? I notice that the previous owner left three
boxes of fuses in the glove box--suggesting past
electrical irregularities--but I guess it's not a fuse
if the lights come on with jiggling, just a loose
something somewhere...? I never drive the car at night
(or with the top up because I can't see!), so it's not
a big deal, but would like to fix it if it's an easy
fix. Note that I am a complete idiot about fixing
things automotive, however. I bought my first car when
I was 40, last year. Acquired the Alfa six months
later. My excuse is that I lived in Tokyo for twenty
years, so didn't need a car--lots of Alfas in Tokyo.

Thanks

Colin Talcroft
1978 Chocolate Brown Spider
2001 VW Passat