'78 Spider. EARLY Spirax HD results are in...

Here's a preliminary report:

Only about 100 miles into a swap from Redline
MTL/Redline 75W90 in gearbox/differential to Shell
Spirax HD 80W90 in both and the leaks have stopped!  No
more puddles of red stuff on the garage floor.

I hated to dump that beautiful red synthetic lube but
the Spirax seems to do the job as intended.  Looks like
Alfa Romeo picked the right lubricant after all!

Haven't noticed any real difference in shifting
performance but the minor seal leakage since the swap to
Redline has disappeared almost immediately.

Whether it's psychological or not, the Redline MTL did
seem to make the shifter move a little smoother the
first shift or two!  That way I don't feel so bad about
spending the money on a high-priced synthetic and then
dumping it for the cheap old-fashioned stuff after just
300-400 miles!

Clinical trial as proof positive.  Your results may vary!

Jeff

PS I still use Redline MTL/75W90 in my BMW, so there...