164 S/Q lowering

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knew how the 164S and Q respond to lowering, while
maintaining the stock struts. I know a number of people that have lowered
their 164S, but have changed the suspension to a KONI suspension. I would like
to keep my functioning stock suspension but lower the car. I have a set of
Ricambi springs lying around and I think I'll try slapping those on, even
though they are probably ridiculously low for a 164S.... We'll see.
Any chance of HARMING the stock suspension if I lower the car? I was once told
not to lower the car if I was not going to replace the struts. Not sure why.

Thanks,

Karl

'91 164L (eibach springs, ricambi swaybars, KONI struts, 17" wheels, handles
great!)

'95 164Q (bone stock. Fast, but handles nothing like the modified L)

http://alfalover.dhs.org