re: GTV (4 cyl) Question

John,
	Sure sounds like a sure sign of DP - Demonic Possession.  In your case,
the Demon (does he wear checkered pants??) gets trapped in your airbox
and clogs up the works and your engine stalls.  By pulling the airbox
off, you allow him to escape the airbox and re-enter the engine where he
likes to reside.  Most Demons aren't all that smart....

	My other thought was that you are having an electrical problem because
of how suddenly the engine dies - fuel related dying is a slower
process.  When you removed the airfilter box, you probably
jostled/moved/disturbed the offending wire(s) and reestablished the
proper connection(s).  Look at all the wires and their connectors in the
air of the  airfilter box; check the ones at the coil and the distributor.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider