Re: piston rings

Gentle Alfisti,
It has been recommended to me that the rings from a new piston/liner set from
AE be replaced by a set from Deves or Hastings. I took apart the rings from
the pistons last night and it seems such a waste to discard perfectly
fine-looking piston rings. What are the liabilities in sticking with the
originals?  If ring replacement is the right call, how do I correctly spec
the new rings? The pistons have a 116 part number and I think they are for
the Motronic engine. There are several C/R's listed in my part sources. I
believe these are 10 to one, but I am not certain. The engine is a Spica
2-liter wrapped in a '74 GTV. Any help would be appreciated, I remain humble
before you all.
Modelle in Somers Point