Re: US ad conventions

hey charles, luca, and everyone else,

charles, i have to disagree with the 'is rarely done'.  i see
these types of product vs product commercials all the time
here in the US.  one that comes to mind is the subaru
commercials that shows a ford escape being crash tested, or
getting stuck in the mud, etc.  or you have the hyundai/kia(?)
commercials that show them comparing themselves against a
civic on some long distance test, and being cheaper, etc.

i think that these 'my product is better than your product'
type of commercial is one of the mainstays of the industry
over here... :>

cya,
ryan