From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Mike Nakamura
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 12:31 PM
To: Alfa Digest Posting
Subject: Alfpala

Hey, if the Impala is cool enough for Maytag repairmen to drive, who am
I to say it's not good enough for an ALFA driver?

Note to digest readers not familiar with US Maytag advertisements: For
many years the Maytag commercials featured an actor portraying "the
Maytag repairman," but he sits lonely by the telephone because the
Maytag appliances are so reliable no one ever calls for repair.
Recently, an Impala ad features the same repairman with a younger
repairman driving the Impala on curvy (ALFA roads) instead of waiting by
the telephone.  The two repairmen laugh about ignoring their duty by not
waiting for repair calls.

I hope to continue with Italian cars, mostly ALFA's.  Cannot explain why
I enjoy them so much, but I do, so I'll keep driving them.

I wonder why ALFA's have been on US TV over the last two years.  Is it
my lack of notice in past years?  Or are more ALFA's showing up?  The
Spider purchased by bicyclist.  The Graduate repaired in the insurance
ad.  Did anyone confirm the restoration project in the college professor
series?  Seems like it was years between ALFA appearances on TV, then
several in the last few years.  Granted, not a lot, but from zero to
three (or more) in one year.

I think I remember a Milano TV ad where the car came down from the sky.
It ran so infrequently, I maybe say it one time.  Does anyone remember
how that ad went?

Mike Nakamura

mike_nakamura@domain.elided

Fall City WA USA