Starter eating Alfetta

Does anybody have a good source for the starter motor brushes
and commutators for Magneti-Marelli starters?  I have a starter
here that's comprehensively chewed out (the bearings seem OK
though) and I'm wondering how much trouble it is to rebuild myself.

Should I just leave it to a professional?  Some of the soldering
looks like it would take some serious heat.

I suspect that the ignition switch in this car is contributing
to a problem where the starter will half engage but not rotate,
This is the second (second hand) starter I've put in it and both
failed in the same way.  My parts guy has suggested that something
is up with the starter circuit but I can't find anything wrong.
I'm beginning to think it was just two bum, old starters but
if anybody has had a problem like this, I'd like to hear from you.

dave.
1978 Alfetta GTV "trusty" no more
1975 Alfa Spider Veloce "rusty" no more
1994 Volvo 850 T5 wagon