Oil Leak

First let me thank you all fro responding to my post. Thanks

My car just got out of the shop.  The transmission is rebuilt, new clutch
kit, rear engine seal, front engine seal, new oil filter, Redline NS in the
tranny, Redline 10-40 in the engine.  The oil only seems to come out under
pressure, and although there is no smoke, when driven hard there is a smell
of burning oil coming from the engine compartment.  I think some of it may
be flying back to my downpipe?  There is no oil under the car in the
morning.  The top of the upper pan is wet with oil, just under, actually
between the oil filter, and the sender.  This morning while things were
cold, I ran my fingers around the sender, seems dry, the oil filter was
tightened last week when I notice the oil.  With about 600 miles since the
new oil and filter 1/2 quart is now missing..  Not really that far off from
before, I'd used to go though about two quarts between 3000 mile oil
changes before the new seals, but that's when the oil cost me 10 bucks, now
it's $56.00 and I don't care to drip it away. I really don't think the
engine burns much oil at all.  It's pretty fresh.

BTW: Is the Mobil One filter really any better for synthetic oil..should I
try it?  How Much?  Who uses one..opinions please.

Thanks Again,
Gabriel Forzano
86 Spider