Oil Leak

In V8 #551 Gabriel Forzano asks"...I believe the sensor is the source of
the leak.  What
size socket removes this sensor?  How is it threaded?  Size, etc.   Can
use a plug wrench, and what can I replace the sensor with since the
sending
wire is nowhere to be found, and I hate idiot lights anyway?  (An old
spark
plug maybe?)"

****************

I agree with the comments in #552 to keep / replace the sensor. It takes
a 21 mm wrench / socket. The threaded portion is 4 mm x 1.0 pitch. It
uses a copper gasket.

The Alfetta blocks do not have this sensor, but feel it is a very good
idea, especially for Spider's, since their oil pan is so terribly
vulnerable.

Off on a tangent here, but I'm personally not in favor of pan guards for
these cars. One can generally pick up a used oil pan considerably
cheaper than removing the ding in the hood and repainting. Okay...if
both the lower plate and the main oil pan require replacing, you have to
pull the engine.

Point being here, if I heard a loud clunk under my Spider, especially at
night, I'd sure like to know that sensor is working and hopefully Not
going on.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA