idiot light? (oil leak)

Just a thought, but most people don't consider the oil pressure light an idiot
light.  If you plan to fix it, I suggest you fix it correctly, install a new
sender and run the correct wire(s).  The sender has a "nut" between the barrel
and the engine, turn it one good time and you'll be able to get it off by
hand; I believe it is 19mm but it has been a long time.

Just a suggestion

<<
I have oil dripping onto the top of my oil pan just below the filter and
oil sensor (idiot light).  The oil filter was checked so although I can't
really see to tell, I believe the sensor is the source of the leak.  What
size socket removes this sensor?  How is it threaded?  Size, etc.   Can I
use a plug wrench, and what can I replace the sensor with since the sending
wire is nowhere to be found, and I hate idiot lights anyway?  (An old spark
plug maybe?) >>