smells bad

I smell gas in my 87 Spider. I have replaced the fuel lines (steel) under the
car and the rubber lines going to and from the fuel distributer. I cannot see
any leaks. Yet I get a strong gasoline smell in the cabin (with the top up!)
and I can smell gas when I lean over the starboard side of the engine where
all the fuel lines are. Anyone have any thoughts / experience with this one?
Mike Morgan
87 Spider Veloce