Re:Hagerty Insurance

Steve,

I've used Hagerty on my GTV for the past couple years.  I haven't had reason
to use it, but a coworker of mine did.  He was driving an MGB and came up
over a hill where traffic was backed up from a light at the bottom of the
hill.  This miscreant in a foreign sports car slammed into the back of
another coworker's SUV.  Luckily, the SUV sat high enough had enough mass so
the occupant wasn't injured and the Jeep Grand Cherokee wasn't pushed into
car in front of him.  I really think these small and dangerous sports cars
should be outlawed.  The B driver was shaken and bruised, but uninjured.  In
any case, the damage on the B was significant and Hagerty totalled the car
and payed out the agreed value ($6k?).  Since the car was totalled, they
would normally keep the car.  The B owner wanted to fix it, so they sold it
back to him for around $50 or so.  He was very happy with Hagerty throughout
the whole ordeal.

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV