re: filling rear axle (was filling transmission)

<For the rear axle, I drilled a hole in the trunk floor.  I run some
<fuel line hose through the hole and into the filler plug of the rear axle
<underneath.  Pour oil into a funnel stuck into the top end of the hose until
<it starts to run out the filler hole.

I found that by using a  2 foot length of clear plastic tubing, taped to the
spout of a 1 qt. bottle of gear oil, you can get the bottle up and in front of
the gas tank (105/115) - thus being slightly higher then the filler hole.
Slowly squeeze the bottle a few times (each time allowing air back in). Repeat
with a 2nd quart until filled. Done! (being that you only need about 1.5
quarts, it's not necessary to completely drain the first quart)

Tim Lentz
Tampa, FL