7" headlights

In a recent Digest, a comment was made about having to stay with the
older tungsten models instead of the newer "halogen" ones.  I do not
believe that that is correct.  The Sylvania halogen sealed beam units
(H6044?) (and probably others as well) are standard 55w (I think) high
beam/45 watt low beam units and are direct replacements for the earlier
units.  There are higher wattage "halogen" units available for which a
relay set up would be a good idea, but using the halogen replacement
sealed beams without a relay is no worse an idea than using the old
tungsten units without a relay.

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider