re: K&N cone filter for Spider

Walter,  I have had a K&N cone filter on my 90 Spider (motronic) for about 3
years now.  I love it, it looks and sounds really cool, and throttle response
improved a bit too.  I also have the ecu chip from AR Ricambi.  I got the
filter from MSDS (Michael Schneider Designed Systems) in South El Monte, CA.
Their number was 626-453-8823.  I just called but whoever answered never heard
of MSDS.  Perhaps they moved or are out of business.  Their catalog was geared
mostly for P-cars.  The filter mounts to a metal tube that has a square plate
welded on the end and it bolts to the AFM.  The hole in the plate is the exact
same size as the inlet into the AFM.  It also came with a bracket that mounts
to the valve cover where the dip stick tube is.  But, I turned it around and
mounted it to one of the holes where the air filter box mounted.  I'm not
concerned with it sucking hot air from the engine compartment.  The filter
sits directly in front of the hole in the bulkhead where the stock air box got
its air.  So fresh air flows right into the filter.

Rob Murphy
Orange Park, FL