Re: alfa-digest V8 #533 - Turbina weight

       The five spoke Campagnolo Daytona style wheels weigh approximately 11
pounds each.  However, they corrode quite badly.  I have some that the center
cone is completely gone.  Alfa changed the wheels about 1985.  The new wheels
look identical, however they have FPS in a small oval on the lip of the rim.
These later wheels weigh approximately 15 pounds, but the are do not seem to
corrode.
       If you want the wheels for a street car, I suggest finding the later
FPS wheels.  However, on my 84 ITB Spider race car, I run the early wheels
and save 32 pounds total.

       It you look at the wheels Alfa put on the Spiders, the spokes do not
come all the way to the rim.  There is a ring or depression at the end of the
spokes.
       In the IAP catalog, they have five spoke wheels made by Cromodora.
The spokes of these come all the way to the rim.  They also have less offset
at 23 mm compared to approximately 35 mm on the factory wheels.  The offset
makes the tires sit closer to the fenders and look better in my not at all
humble opinion.
       I have no idea how much these wheels weigh.  Nor do I know if any
wheels of this style have the Alfetta 4 x 98 bolt pattern.  All the wheels I
have seen are the 4 x 108 mm Spider / GTV / Berlina pattern.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City