Re: Elementary oil question

Ok, how about his variation on this much discussed topic.  Conventional
wisdom says use the best oil suited for your application.   Foe some that
is synthetic, for others dino juice is appropriate.  I have an engine that
needs a rebuild because it burns oil profusely, but until I get there, what
about using the budget oil brands such as "Formula Shell"  or the Wallmart
brand "Tech 2000" which cost about 84 cents/quart versus 1.20 a quart for
the name brands.  That is a 40% difference, and both carry the same API
ratings.  When you burn a quart every 400 miles, it adds up...

Can anyone describe the difference between API Service SJ vs SL?

KCT, Powell, TN