RE: Electric Fans

> Flame retardant suit on: IMHO, a lot people also get carried away
> with over
> engineering a custom thermostat control system for the fan. From my
> perspective, there's only one real requirement: Does the fan come
> on when I
> need it to?
> My favorite methods are:
> 1 - hard wired so it comes on with the ignition
> 2 - a cheap, $20, auto store, adjustable thermostat (with probe)

IF you wire the fan to the ignition switch, make sure you use a relay,
otherwise you'll be going through a lot of ignition switches.  The fan draws
a bit of current.

As for over engineering, my preferred method is to do what the factory did
on the later cars - mount the thermo switch in the same spot on the radiator
(or just use a radiator from a later car).

bs