re: Electric Fans

Sorry gang, I'm a week late on hopping in on this thread.

I just posted photos to the web of the electric fan I installed on my Spider.
Those not wanting to use the "thru the radiator tabs" and also wishing to
avoid a lot of customization, might want to check it out at:
www.mindspring.net/~tlentz/alfa/fan
My *system* (for the 115 spider) required just two small holes drilled in the
car's bottom radiator tray.

Flame retardant suit on: IMHO, a lot people also get carried away with over
engineering a custom thermostat control system for the fan. From my
perspective, there's only one real requirement: Does the fan come on when I
need it to?
My favorite methods are:
1 - hard wired so it comes on with the ignition
2 - a cheap, $20, auto store, adjustable thermostat (with probe)

Tim Lentz
Tampa, FL