Redline in GTV-6/Spider gearbox/differential...

In response:

I'm using Redline MTL in the gearbox and Redline 75W90
in the differential of a '78 Spider.

A Redline tech-rep suggested 75W90NS in the gearbox and
75W90 in the differential.  Being one to go against
advice and already having a gallon of MTL on hand, I
used it instead.

I've used this combination in several old BMW 5-series
with good results.  Synchronizer action was improved
slightly when warm and greatly improved when cold in
both the BMW's and the Alfa.

I will say that the Spider's gearbox does drip every now
and then which it didn't seem to do before.  According
to Redline, the use of a synthetic will not by itself
cause leaks but gear oil may slip through worn seals due
to its low viscosity.

The Redline website, www.redlineoil.com, is excellent
and very informative.  Also a technical question about
which to use in a Alfa Romeo was answered promptly via e-
mail.

PS  I would order a gallon size if available.  A pump is
available to fit the gallon containers through
aftermarket suppliers or auto parts stores.  Pep Boys
had the exact same pump in stock for half the price of
the pump I special-ordered!