Redline gear oil, again

Okay, so I've concluded that that I should have 75W90NS rather than
75W90 in my GTV6's transaxle.  My question is have I damaged the
synchros by using the wrong oil for the 15,000mi that I've had this
(purchased used from APE) gearbox?  Since I bought it performance has
gradually worsened, and I'm wondering if this deterioration might
have been avoided by using the NS oil.  If so, I'm going to have to
say "F*** IAP," because, although I was tempted to come to their
defense in response to the recent negative posts, they did sell me
the oil that's in there, while Centerline would have sold me the NS
variety.  (I didn't know anything about the oils at the time and
bought from IAP because they had a better price on rear brake
calipers.  Boo to recommending and selling the wrong oil!!)

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6