Distributor and Cat update and transaxle question

Hi,

I want to thank everyone who helped me in installing a new distributor.  It
appears
that the bad distributor also clogged the cat which led to two difficult
issues that
I failed to diagnose.  The good news is that Stebro sold me a new cat that I
can have welded into my current front exhaust section,  saving about half on
the price of a new front section.  Also, it is important that when you are
diagnosing these cars to unplug the
fuel connectors when checking compression to prevent fuel from getting into
the cat! Or when checking for spark!

I have a new job in Maryland that leads me to increase my car collection to
include a transaxle for added safety (mostly).  I find the spider just to
small to feel safe
when most people in Washington fail to use a blinker.  I was wondering if it
is
really true that if you are on hill and let the car slide backwards just a
little, when engaging the
transmission if you can have the timing belt slip.  Would automatics prevent
this
problem and did they make an automatic gtv6 or only milano.  I heard that
the 2.5 engines have much less trouble with the belt that the 3.0 is this
true ?

Also, I am curious what people  pay to get a timing belt changed at a
premium shop ?
Doug K