Re: Is it a car or not?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 Pottree@domain.elided wrote:

> Alfa content: when an SUV is parked at a corner near my house and I come up
> to the intersection (in either the Spider or the GTV6), I can't see around
> the thing to tell if any traffic is bearing down on me.  To me, something big
> enough to block the view of a 4 lane road is a truck (or perhaps a house)
> because a car in the same position doesn't block the view as completely.

Sadly, it all depends on the arrangement of the street and how close to
the corner they are parked. Driving my cars I often am unable to see
around small sizzed cars parked on the street at the intersection near
work. Often, the only vehicles I can see coming are trucks because they
are tall enough I can see them OVER the roof of the car blocking my view.

There are a lot of variables to consider, not just the size of the
offending object be it car, house, bush, or truck.