Re:Spider clutch recommendations?

Hi Ray:

I can tell you what NOT to use, and that's the "OEM-quality" Italian-made
clutch assembly that IAP sells.  About a year ago, I was misled by their
phone rep into believing it was the OEM Sachs unit.  When it arrived I
needed to get the car back together that day, and had to install what they
sent.  The parts really do look second-rate, compared to the German stuff,
especially the clutch disc, and I'm sorry I boxed myself in the way I did.

Check out Paul Spruell's site
at:  http://www.paulspruell.com/parts/parts.html  They've got the real OEM
Sachs parts on sale for $169.  There are others that sell the Sachs stuff,
but Spruell's price seems hard to beat.

You might also take a look at replacing the transmission mount and perhaps
the bushings that fasten the exhaust bracket to the transmission, and check
the giubo, too.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL