Chain tensioner

Getting the chain tensioner and its "wedge" back in the engine can be a
frustrating exercise -- here's a trick I learned from Fred DiMatteo:
thread the hole in the wedge that the tensioner adjustment bolt's tip
goes into.  The hole is so close to a standard SAE size that it's not
tough (Sorry, I can't remeber which one, but it's something like 6-32).
Put the wedge in the hole for the tensioner with your fingers and thread
a bolt into the now-threaded hole throught the adjuster hole so that the
wedge can be held in place against the bore of the tensioner hole using
the bolt.  Now you can fit the spring and the tensioner itself in place
without worrying about dislodging the wedge (the old "glob of grease"
never worked for me).  after the tensioner is in place, unthread the
bolt, and put the tensioner bolt in pplace.  Don't over tighten.

Can't help with getting the wedge out of the sump.  I suppose that
removing the lower oil pan is out of the question?

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider
'87 Milano