engine/trans removal

Thought I would never disagree with Russ Neeley....certainly one of the most respected gurus on the digest,but....a few years back I had someone do rings and valve grind on my 2 liter JR.....went to his shop to see how things were going and there sits my JR, less engine,but with tranny in place.....not the way I had ever done things,but was his prefernce....point being...it can be done....but I'm not convinced enough to try it next time.
Frank Smith
Capital Chapter
69 1750 Spider
72  GT JR
Cockeysville, MD

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of Frank Smith.vcf]