AR Ricambi status report? + parts biz comments

(So sorry, nothing about tire sizes and SUV's)

In V8 #509 Kevin Trent comments and asks:

"When I called last week for a 1750 liner remover mandrel (part#AL3815)
the
sales dude said they were NLA, and that Ricambi was no longer in the
manufacturing business.  Also did not have various spica filters.

"Anyone out there want to sell/rent/lend the 1750 liner removing
mandrel?  I
have the driver (and the 2000 mandrel)."

*********

I don't believe Ricambi has manufactured the Liner Remover's for years.
Don't suppose you would like to sell your 2000 remover would you? Didn't
think so. And, no I don't have a 1750 one to trade.

Sure would be nice if someone would start making them again.

Not owning one, I always have the machinist I use remove them before
dipping the enginealong with whatever other machine work is required.
Still, I'd like to have at least the 2000 (AL4485).

Speaking of Ricambi, having purchased parts from them for years, I wish
them the best. While I feel somewhat guilty for not remaining faithful,
it is so much easier to make a list, check prices in a catalog, then
call up and order. Then the man in the brown suit and truck delivers
them in a few days. Sure saves a bunch of time.

Regarding Spica filters: While it's been awhile since I have ordered
any, believe both Jon Norman (Alfa Parts) and Centerline carry them.
Sometimes they're out and while not always the case, but generally if
one is out, they both are.

Having recently talked to Matt at Re-Originals, Jon at Alfa Parts, Bob
at Centerline, and via email to Chris Sweetapple of Highwood in the UK,
they all seem to be more than somewhat busy. Matt said he had to hire
two more people recently. Apparently you GTV owners are the Big
Spenders, followed by the Round-Tail contingency. Somehow the Alfetta
group didn't figure in there. Alfetta Owner's, Spend, Spend, Spend...or
else 'they' won't stock nothin', no mo, no way, no how.

Ricambi, especially when they joined with Shankle, had a lot of items
unique to them. Possibly these items weren't profitable, but it sure is
too bad they're NLA.

Now if I could roam around the country and take away all the tools from
you do-it-yourselvers, perhaps the restoration biz might share in some
of this ongoing (renewed?) Alfa enthusiasm.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA