Information on 116 Giulietta 2.0 engine???

I am now the proud owner of a 2 liter lump from a 1984 Giulietta RS (free!).

It took most of the day to collect from the old owners (160 mile round
trip!) and deposit at its new home.

I was interested to note that the old symbol cast in to the head has been
replaced by a rather more clear "2.0". The engine also has a pair of what
appear to be double-throat Solex carbs.

The whole thing is going to need a thorough clean and strip down to asses
its condition etc.

Can anyone give me any pointers on any specific details/characteristics of
this engine? Any pointers to more information on this car and its various
applications? I presume this is the same engine used in contemporary
Alfettas.

I have the Haynes manual for the Alfettas, will this cover everything
concerning this engine or will I need to look for other books/info?

BTW, anyone know if this engine can be fitted to 105 series cars or will the
gearbox not mate to this block?

nk

Nick Koleszar   koleszar@domain.elided
1971 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.0