re vanity plates, not

In California it seems that there are quite a number of different plate
styles.  In addition, older plates are NOT superceded by the newer
designs/styles.  They just keep adding up.  In a pique of reverse
snobbery, I decided to keep the original plates on my 76 Alfetta.  As a
benefit, my perverse sense of humor is granted a lift every once in a
while.  Parking overnite in the parking police state of Beverly Hills,
you have to ask for a permit in many areas.  (Yes, that is true, and the
parking tickets can be VERY expensive; the permits are free.  Go
figure.)  When the license plate for the Alfa is read off, the younger
parking nazis will often ask if it is California plate.

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal
76 Alfetta GT - the plate(s) are among the few original parts left  :)