Re: Spring spacers

I replaced my old and sagging springs (original) on a '66 Duetto.  There
were aluminum "cups at the top of the spring mounts in the rear.  They were
around 3cm and were cushioned with a rubber gasket of approximately 1 cm.  I
replaced the springs with Shankle "supersport" front and rear springs
without removing the spacers.  The end result was a lowered front end as
expected but the rear was high due to the spacers.  Unfortunately it took me
a quick 250 mile trip to realize this and some damage to my universal
joints.  So, when changing springs remove all spacers and start from scratch
wit respect to ride height and leveling.  The from, although reasonably
correct height was lopsided due to the original right hand spacer used to
level the car with just the driver due to the softer original springs.  I am
adding spacer that are approximately 2/3rds the thickness of the right-hand
spacer to try to get it level without sacrificing the lowering of the front
that I desired.

John,
'66 Duetto
'67 Guilia Sprint GTV