re: do the math (what's it cost to drive an alfa?)

hi all,

let's see, i bought my '92 164L w/117k for $5k.  almost 5 years & 63k miles later, i have ~$12k into it, including the purchase price, fluids, disposables, & repairs.  that's ~19 cents/mile.  checkbook vs diy mechanic have been about 50/50.  no complaints here...  used cars are almost always cheaper to own & operate, imo...  even alfas.

doug s.