In Defense of Turbinas

I agree, that because of Turbinas being pretty common, they are
definitely under appreciated.

Put them on eBay and see what happens. Be sure to specify bolt pattern
and what they go onand that they're 'mags'.

I will admit they can get pretty tacky looking if not washed frequently.
This is one reason I always suggest painting Especially Turbinas with a
good quality paint and then immediately clear-coating. I try to get into
each of the grooves as much as possible with a nice coating of clear. It
makes washing considerably less of a chore. I'd definitely install brake
pads that leave little dust residue, even if they are a bit harder on
discs.

You won't get rich, but my experience one can get a 'decent' amount for
a set of four or five if they've been nicely 'attended to' and have been
well painted and clear-coatedwith tires removed. Suspect I've sold some
on eBay to current Turbina owners who figure it's cheaper to buy a
painted set then to have theirs cleaned and painted.

Like Alfetta GT's, since they're rather unloved, the day will come when
they're no longer readily available, then of course, they'll at least
partially, if not significantly be cool to have.

If someone is not absolutely compelled to put on the fattest tires they
can squeeze under their fenders, I strongly suggest the Yokohama AVID
H4's in P195/65R14 (88H). True, H is 'only' good for up to 130 mph. When
was the last time you drove 130 mph on the highway? Note, I'm not
billing them as race tires. Treadwear rating is 360, and both traction
and temperature get A ratings. Will admit, it would be nice if the
Turbina's were 6", rather than 5.5".

The Yoko's are about 7/8" taller than my Pirelli P600 195/ 60's.

And want to assure you all, yes of course, I own Cromodora and Yokohama.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA