Re: In Defense of Turbinas

Turbinas (if I'm thinking of the right ones - 70's Alfetta etc?), are quite
popular here in NZ with the racers who run Alfasuds on 14inch wheels. Why? Well
depending on which class you're running in, you are meant to run a standard
Alfa wheel 13 or 14inch with max 185/60 tyre. Now the Alfasud came out with
either 13inch steel, 13inch Turbina, TRX metric or 14inch phonedial.

But 14inch Turbina is lighter than 14inch phonedial, and cheap from a junked
Alfetta, so that's the wheel of choice..... almost prized you might say.

Regards
Lex Jenner
Auckland/New Zealand

Ron Horowitz wrote:
> It may sound silly to say it, but if Turbinas weren't so common, they'd be
> prized. They're light, they're strong, and they look pretty good, at least
> as compared to most of the aftermarket dreck that's out there.
>
> On the other hand, they're a little narrow by modern standards, they're
> hard to clean, and a bitch to
paint.