RE: Alfa engine article in T&CC

Andrew

Yes, there is a triangle in the head casting, which should mean 1750. A
basic error, if ever one was committed to print. But I have come to expect
this kind of bone-headedness by motoring journalists, especially those
writing for classic magazines. I'm sure Bob Dove would have set them
right.....

My favourite stupidity about Alfa motors is magazines stating that the
twin-spark competition motors of the 60s and 70s and the modern FIAT block
twin spark motor in the Alfas of the 80s onwards were designed like that for
the same reason.

I often make mistakes but I don't write them down for a living.

Oh well, these guys only have to write about them for a living, how can we
expect them to actually know anything about the cars? If I were a classic
owner, I wouldn't let one of those journalists anywhere near the driving
seat of my car. I don't understand how some of these guys get let loose
behind the wheel of something like an F40 when they are dangerous with a
shopping trolley.

nk