Re: more stupid human tricks...

Shortly after getting my hotrod '57 Giulietta back from the painter, my
brother and I dropped in the 2.0 litre which Mike had so lovingly prepared
for me.  The clutch, starter, header, fuel system and electrics were hooked
up and by the time we were finished with the installation, it was rather late
at night.  Even though the windshield, headlight buckets and most of the trim
had yet to be installed, I was burning to take it for a drive.  Working on a
project (off and on) for seven years will do that to a person.

After letting the engine get up to temperature, I eased it out onto our quiet
street around midnight for a quick lap around the block.  The excitement of
hearing the engine run for the very first time and for the car to move under
its own power for the first time in decades was just too much to bear.  I
threw caution to the wind.

At the very second I grabbed second gear and mashed the gas pedal and heard
that fabulous "WHOOOP" from the twin 45 Webers, the back of my beer-soaked
mind remembered I neglected to finish installing the hood latch.  The hood
came up in a flash and just before it wrapped itself around the dash, I put
my hand up to catch it.  I jammed three fingers, broke both hinges and
terminally tweaked the hood.  Now THATS stupid.....

Darren "trying desperately to not repeat history" Besic