RE: Engine Electronics

> so if one day my car didn't start, I could just hit "ALT-CTRL-DELETE"
> and the car would run
>
> --- Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided> wrote:
>
> > I don't see why Microsoft wouldn't be very interested in providing this
> > function, or why the auto manufacturers would be opposed to it.
> >
> > You're assuming that the only function of the computer in a car is to
> > perform tasks related to running the automobile.  There are
> plenty of other
> > things for a general purpose computer to do - GPS, entertainment, etc.

Fwiw,

My comments regarding Microsoft were not an endorsement of them for this
kind of thing, nor were they a condemnation as to how well they might
perform the task.  I was simply stating that imo there might be a role for
general purpose computing aboard an automobile, and that Microsoft might
want to fill it.  And automakers might welcome it.

bs