Re: Kinda Scary look into the future

John Cecil <jcecil@domain.elided> wrote....
> unavailable today. Texas Instruments made them by the zillion under the part
> number "74LS xxxx". Those were standard parts and used in all kinds of

Haven't tried to get 74LS lately but I guess in many applications the
CMOS (74HC or whatever) version might do the job (IF you can still get
those ones!!!). Or how hard is it to simulate 74x with a FPGA?

> restoration shops will have access to a year 2000 vintage wafer fabrication
> facility to get those 2002 BMWs and Mercedes back on the road again.

What, you mean they don't convert BMW's and MB's to Webers where you
live??? ;-)

Seriously, you can already get complete aftermarket EFI systems for cars
like the Lotus Elise (Rover K engine) and Alfa Romeo 24V. Check the
following site and select "Engine Application Data".
http://www.jenvey.com/

Suspension, brakes etc may be a little more difficult.

Best Regards
Lex Jenner

Getting ready for the "Is the aftermarket conversion or original 2005
Spider EFI best?" thread on the 2022 digest.