mysterious spider part

Hello all,
well I was just under my 73 spider dash removing the heater box over the
weekend to have the core redone. While I was looking over the wiring for any
loose ends I noticed a little inch square white plastic box mounted to the
steering column brace. It has a smaller wire connected to one terminal and
another terminal next to that one that dont have a wire attached. Nearby I
found two wires with connectors that will fit this part, a pink with black
stripe and a black wire. I have the factory wiring diagram and cannot for
the life of me figure out what this little white box is. At first I assumed
it was the blower motor resistor but upon further study of the wiring
diagram the two yellow wires going from the blower switch controls the
blower speed (internal resistor?). This part is about the size of a small
relay. The car is factory with no weird wiring mods so it does seem to be a
factory peice. there are a few numbers on it but nothing that i can
recognize. Can anyone help? TIA..

Keith S.
73 spider