Burman steering box

Has anyone out there ever tried to rebuild a Burman steering box from a 115?
And where might I find bushings, seals and shims?  Since I have the engine out
of my GTV right now, it's prime time to consider giving attention to the
steering box.

In anticipation of the question -- I think it needs to be rebuilt because it
seems loose.  There's not much reference to specs on steering play in my
(marginal) Brooklands manual or in Braden's Bible, but I see about 1.5" to 2"
play off-center ( so 3" to 4" when changing directions) in the wheel before
the track rod moves visibly, and I think that's too much play.  By the time
the car returns to the road in April or May, it will have every other part of
the steering system replaced, so I'd hate to spend another summer chasing the
car over the freeway ruts and regretting that I didn't deal with the steering
box.

This later style box doesn't have the adjustment nut on top, so it seems my
options are rebuild or replace.  I got a quote of $275 from Centerline for one
of their rebuilt units.  I'm checking APE for a used price.  Centerline's
catalog lists the same box for 115 series cars through 1994, so I guess I
might find a fairly low-miles used box with some looking.  If anyone has a
good one for sale, please let me know.

So -- rebuild mine, buy rebuilt, or look for used?  Replies on- or off-digest
are welcome, I don't know how much this will interest the masses.  TIA!

Tony
Portland OR
74 GTV